We are excited to announce a series of free art classes in 2022, with support from the Maine Community Foundation Expansion Arts grants.
Instructors will include Daksha Baumann; Patricia Wheeler & Donna Gold; Ron King; Rebecca Poole; Carol Simanton; Bea Gates; and Audrey Le.
1. January 29, 2022. (snow date 2/5/22) Daksha Bauman: Stitching Up A Raveled World
2. February19. (snow date 2/26/22) Patricia Wheeler & Donna Gold: Memory Transfer
3. March 19. Ron King: Fiber Arts: Protecting the Planet, Protecting Ourselves
4. April 23 & 30. Rebecca Poole: The Love of Everyday Things. Two 1/2 days for children
5. May 14 & 15. Bea Gates: Moments of Being: Sensing Past and Present writing workshop
6. June 4. Audrey Le: Day-Long Generative Writing Retreat
7. July 9. 10am-noon. Patricia Wheeler & Donna Gold: Memory Transfer for Children at Cynthia Winings Gallery in Blue Hill through the Open Air Arts Initiative
8. July 19. Mia Kanazawa: Felting
9. September 3. Frederica Marshall: Sumi-e Painting
More details to come!
We will be following Maine CDC guidelines and limit class sizes to 8 students for social distancing purposes. All class participants and instructors must be fully vaccinated and wear KN95 masks which will be provided by RFS at the beginning of the class. The sanctuary also has a new air purifier that filters the air and helps keep us safe.